Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Life at the Theater



I saw THE WINTER'S TALE at the Stratford Shakespeare Festival in 1998. Most years we see one or two plays at the Stratford Festival. It is only two hours or so from Detroit. They generally have about four Shakespeare Plays, one Canadian play, three or four other classics and two musicals. It is a lovely setting and very English. If you are near enough to make the trip, you won't regret it. The Importance of Being Earnest, now on Broadway, came from Stratford.

6 comments:

C. Margery Kempe said...

That's where all my money goes in London: the theatre. All right, the pubs too, but that's a necessary expense (there's nowhere else one can eat, I swear).

Among the things I'm looking forward to next month is Much Ado About Nothing with David Tennant and Catherine Tate. Should be a hoot.

[my word verification is "carkingr" which sounds a bit like a slightly off-colour put-down]

Anonymous said...

Patti - I would love to go see one of those productions! Maybe someday I will....

George said...

Hopefully, I'll be able to walk around when you and the Meyersons attend the Shaw Festival. Theater is one of the most satisfying pleasures in my life, too.

pattinase (abbott) said...

We'll see you one way or the other.

John Weagly said...

Wow, this is a little bit of synchronicity.

While you were writing this post about theater and plays, I was writing a short play for a theater in Colorado. The piece combines elements from two short stories that I wrote for your Flash Fiction Challenges.

If I hadn't already laid the groundwork in those two flash pieces, I don't know what the play would've been about.

So, thanks!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Boy, do I wish I could come and see it. Never been to Colorado either. Let me know when it opens.