Thursday, February 25, 2010

Come Talk About the Best Movies with me at Crimespree Cinema

It's right here. What films should have/have not won?

Kevin story of the day. We are discussing herbivores v. carnivores. Going through fish, animals, dinosaurs. He is getting most (or some) of them right. He's only three after all. He likes them to be herbivores, of course.

"Fish are our friends not our food." (sacred text of Finding Nemo)

Then he brings up sheep, so I say, "what do you think sheep eat, Kevin?"

With very little pause. "I think sheep eat samwiches."

5 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Somehow I flash on a sheep dip sandwich, but that doesn't seem tasty at all.

pattinase (abbott) said...

A samwich is peanut butter and jelly or grilled cheese to Kevin.

Naomi Johnson said...

I'm happy to know that little kids still say samwich. In our family, as adults, we drop the w and it's simply sammich.

Mike Dennis said...

One of the best movies of the 70s, for my money, was THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE. Then, in 1998, RONIN was released. The 70s were long gone, of course, but RONIN played like a sleeper movie from that decade.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I just saw it for the first time and fell immediately in love. It was so originally filmed. Again the seventies. Director seemed to see the world more originally then than ever.