Saturday, January 30, 2010

Creative Blogger-Who Me?

A review of Cold Souls in on Crimespree Cinema right here. Am I the only person in the country to have seen this?

The delightful Kerrie Smith at Mysteries in Paradise passed the torch onto me with a Creative Blogging Award. Thanks. I will never read as many books as Kerrie. She's an inspiration to me as a reader and I could not do Friday's Forgotten Books without her. The award asks me to tell seven things about myself and pass it on to other bloggers.

1) I didn't know I had a fear of heights until I climbed a sand dune in Michigan and turned around. I couldn't come back down. Everyone with me reminded me I couldn't fall off of a sand dune, but it didn't matter. I had to crawl down backward on my stomach so I couldn't see the height.
2) I only started writing when a class I was signed up for on the American Indian had too many books on the syllabus. I switched to a poetry writing class.
3) When I was a kid I had one of the first Batman comics but traded it for an Archie.
4) My paternal grandfather worked in a cigar factory and fathered and raised nineteen children on his salary. They lived in a three bedroom house and all the boys slept in the attic.
5) My maternal grandfather was an architect who fathered and raised one child. He was an architect on the Cathedral of Learning in Pittsburgh.
6) The two boys (well, they were sixteen and seventeen at the time) I dated before I met my husband also became professors (religious studies and biology). Destined for the life I led, I guess.
7) I won an award for the student with the most school spirit when I graduated from high school.

Anyone who has a link of here also has a creative blog so I'm not choosing anyone in particular
.

9 comments:

Richard S. Wheeler said...

You still have that school spirit, which infuses your lively and warm and thought-evoking web log.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks, Richard. I miss your blog and am so happy you turn up on here. If you ever want to hi-jack it for a day-or announce a new book--please do.

Dorte H said...

Congratulation on your award! Your blog is certainly creative and unusual!

Fascinating information about your two grandfathers.

Loren Eaton said...

Congrats, Patti! Like you, I didn't discover I had a fear of heights until I reached the pinnacle of a high place -- one of the ziggarauts of Chichen Itza. Cursed tourist attraction!

Erik Donald France said...

Congrats, Patti!

Cool beans. Fascinating.

I remember Sleeping Bear Dunes -- actually found it easier to get down than back up with sand in one contact lens; I, too, have a healthy respect for heights ;->

p.s. Cold Souls does look kind of trippy.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Try the Burton Theater Erik. From what my husband tells me, they have an interesting men's room.
I am okay with heights if I don't know I am high. So you can imagine what happened at the Grand Canyon

Kerrie said...

Well done Patti. As you know I love contributing to Forgotten Books

Todd Mason said...

That kind of climbing is the only kind I can handle, with my fear of open heights (acroagoraphobia? agora-acrophobia?). Ony mine was mostly on granite faces in New England. Outward Bound-style exercises, or even standing at the edge of glass walls or tops of skyscrapers, is viscerally Not For Me.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I would just as soon never be higher than my height. And looking out over a height,even from a car window, is tough.