Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Summing Up, Friday, May 22, 2009

The Summing Up, May 22, 2009

Patti Abbott, THE CLUE: THE ARMCHAIR DETECTIVE, Lawrence Treat and George Hardie
Paul Bishop, LYNX, Julian Jay Savaria
Bill Crider, THE CHISHOLMS, Even Hunter
Martin Edwards, TRIAL AND ERROR, Anthony Berkley
Ray Foster, IN MY SOLITUDE, David Stuart Leslie
Cullen Gallagher, THE HOTEL MURDERS, Stewart Sterling
Ed Gorman, THE KIDNAPPER and THE WILL TO KILL, Robert Bloch
Jenn Jilks, RAISIN WINE, James Bartleman
Randy Johnson, LEGENDS IN BLUE STEEL, Spider Page
George Kelley, GUNNER CADE, by Cyril Judd (C.M. Kornbluth and Judith Merril)
Alan Orloff, THE UNORIGINAL SINNER AND THE ICE CREAM GOD, John Powers
Stephanie Padilla, RESOLUTION, Denise Mina
Scott Parker, HARD REVOLUTION, George Pelecanos
Eric Peterson, THE WORDSMITH, R.G. Taylor
J. Kingston Pierce, SNOWBOUND, Ladd Hamilton
James Reasoner, TABOO THRILLS, Orrie Hitt
Kerrie Smith, THE LITTLE WORLD OF DON CAMILLO, Giovannu Guarsechi
Michael Walters, PUTTING THE BOOT IN, Dan Kavanagh

5 comments:

George said...

Another fine batch of books! I think I have a copy of that Treat book you recommended around here somewhere.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Looks like something my kids might have liked at around ten or so. But it's fun to look at now. I wonder if people still play CLUE.

George said...

I seem to remember one of Roger L. Simon's novels opening with Moses Wine playing CLUE. Was it THE BIG FIX?

pattinase (abbott) said...

Loved THE BIG FIX-book and movie but can't remember it well enough to say.

Todd Mason said...

I'm still in progress, but my entry is missing. It's fun having such an Involving job. On rare occasion.

THE BIG FIX doesn't open with a game of Clue, I'm pretty sure. I have to dig out my spare copy of that, which I promised to my friend Jeff Segal some months ago. Seen Involving Job comment, above.