Tuesday, May 12, 2009

REMINDER OF FLASH FICTION CHALLENGE

Reminder for anyone who missed it last week.

Flash Fiction Challenge #5


Olive Oyl reading.






Hope it's been long enough since the last challenge to whet your appetite.

In the early nineties, a book was published where each story shared a single
concept: "a wedding cake in the middle of the road."

None of those stories were flash fiction, but let's see what we can do with that idea in a limited number of words.

Stories should be around 750 words, but anything under 1000 wrds is good. You can set your wedding cake on a road on Mars, in Montana, or anywhere at all. In other words, all genres are welcome.

The "wedding cake in the road" can be the main idea or a sidebar-so long as it's in there--like the gun in Plots with Guns.

Mystery Dawg will publish stories on Powder Burn Flash where no blog is available.

June seems like a good month for wedding cakes so let's shoot for June 4th.

Please don't post your story before June 4. Also let me or Gerald So or Aldo know before then. (You can always opt out if it doesn't work out).

I can see your cake in the road already!

7 comments:

Iren said...

If I can get past the writing blockage in my head and flesh out the Idea I have going, there will be a story from me.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Don't feel bad. The wedding thing has thrown me completely into whimsical stuff. Yikes.

sandra seamans said...

Yeah, I'm not getting anything noir or crime riddled with this one. I've got every humorous situation that could go with a wedding popping into my head. I keep chuckling to myself and jotting things down, hopefully something will jell before the deadline.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I thought you and I could overcome the June theme. But maybe not. But so what! Write something funny.

Iren said...

My little ditty is going to be more Donald Westlake than Richard Stark... not that I am the level of either. For some reason all of this makes me think of a song by the band Drivin'n'Cryin. Anyway, I got a paragraph done and I am on the way.

the walking man said...

Pondering...thinking...poring over ideas...

Todd Mason said...

Oops. I suppose I could take it down and reset the date.